Sidney Fischer Park Beach
GPS coordinates: 28.344748, -80.607695
Location: 2426 N. Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach, FL
Directions: This park is on A1A (North Atlantic Avenue) about half a mile south of S.R.
520 at Fisher Park Drive.
Hours: After sunrise to dusk. Bathhouse open from 9 am to 6 pm.
Entrance Fee: $5 paid via machine. The machine says it accepts $1, $5, and $10 notes, but
I wouldn’t trust it to provide change for a $10. I had problems with it accepting my 5th $1 bill and it wouldn’t
give me a refund even after repeated presses of the “refund” button. Finally after numerous tries I triumphed.
This rather unremarkable beach access park is squeezed in between two medium-sized condominiums and has about
200 parking spaces. It has restrooms and outdoor rinse-off showers. It also has very good picnic pavilions and a
small children’s playground, but both are several hundred feet from the beach. There is a small gazebo with benches
with enough foliage around it for some privacy.
- Outdoor rinse-off showers
- Boardwalk and dune crossover to the beach
- Picnic pavilions with tables
- Playground for small children
- Lifeguard protection varies
- No alcoholic beverages in the park or picnic pavilions.
- No open alcohol containers on the boardwalks
- No animals on the beach
- No glass containers on the beach
Above: Bath house / restroom building at Sidney Fischer Park.
Above: Entrance and pay station for Sidney Fischer Park.