27th Avenue Park - New Smyrna Beach
GPS Coordinates: 29.009262, -80.878582
Location: 27th Avenue and S. Atlantic at the traffic light.
Directions: Take SR 44 into New Smyrna Beach, and then follow Atlantic Avenue south to the
traffic light at 27th Avenue. The access is plainly marked with a sign.
Cost: Free entrance and free parking in an unpaved lot.
Hours: Sunrise to 11 pm
This access has the basics, but no food or drink sales. There are no dunes or beach vegetation other than a
planted landscape, just a sea wall with stairs and a ramp to the beach. There is also an access ramp for cars to
drive on the beach, tides and weather permitting. But you can only drive north. In New Smyrna Beach, no driving is
allowed on the beach from 27th Avenue all the way to and including Canaveral National Seashore.
This access is a good choice if the Flagler access is too crowded, or if you prefer a beach scene that isn’t
quite as congested and busy, but don’t want a remote beach like Canaveral National Seashore.
- Clean, modern private restrooms
- Outdoor rinse-off showers
- Sheltered picnic tables with grills
- Sheltered children’s playground equipment
- Free parking in an unpaved lot
- Stairs and sloped ramp to the beach
- Attractive beach façade with seawall
- Beach ramp for cars
- No alcoholic beverages in the park or on the beach.
- No animals allowed on the beach.
The beach façade, restrooms, picnic tables are wheelchair accessible. There is a sloping ramp to the beach for
those who can’t climb stairs, but there is no beach wheelchair available on site.